There are Brocklehursts farming in Mobberley today but the name first appears at the 1881 census where Samuel, born in 1852 in Allostock and Mary Hewitt from Mobberley had moved in to Broad Oak Farm. They were the tenants there through to 1911. Samuel died in 1925, his wife in 1918. Their daughter Mary Lizzie married a Simcock in 1907. Joseph born in 1887 married Annie Barker Moreton of Lindow House Farm.